What can you do to avoid Cystitis?
Things you can do to avoid cystitis
It is not always possible to prevent cystitis, but the following list includes measures that can help you avoid the condition.
- Drink plenty of liquids, especially water
- Take showers rather than baths
- Avoid using chemical irritants such as perfumed soaps, deodorant sprays, feminine products, shower gels or bubble baths around your genitals
- Urinate as frequently as needed, do not wait
- Wash gently the area around the vagina and anus
- Empty your bladder fully
- Empty your bladder after sexual intercourse
- Avoid coffee, fruit juice and/or spicy food if you feel they trigger your cystitis symptoms
- Wear cotton underwear
- Avoid wearing tight clothing
- Wipe from front to back when you go to the toilet
can you do?
- Avoid having sex until your cystitis has cleared up
- Drink 6-8 glasses of water a day