How should I take Cystoplus®?
Cystoplus® can be started at the first signs of cystitis, a form of urinary
tract infection in women, with symptoms that include burning pain and stinging.
Cystoplus® is indicated for adult women suffering from cystitis symptoms.
Follow the convenient 2-day dosage
Dissolve the contents of 1 sachet in a glass of water and drink it. Do this 3 times a day for 2 days.
Please take the following precautions to ensure your wellbeing
- Patients should consult a doctor if they have any of the following conditions: heart disease, kidney disease, high blood pressure or diabetes or if they have other underlying or ongoing health concerns.
- Patients should also inform their doctor if they are taking other medicines, especially ACE inhibitors, diuretics or cyclosporine.
- Patients must not take more than three sachets in one day.
- If patients accidentally take more than the recommended dose, they should seek medical advice.
- Use caution when administering to the elderly.
- Patients should not use this product if they are taking lithium or hexamine, are on a low-sodium diet, or are sensitive to any of the ingredients.
- Patients should not use this product if they are pregnant or breast-feeding.
- Not recommended for use in men and children.
Possible side effects associated with Cystoplus® include flatulence and frequent urination. If patients experience any unusual side effects while taking this medicine, advise them to discontinue use and consult a physician. This product might not be right for you. Always read and follow the label.
Cystoplus® Sodium Citrate Powder is indicated for the symptomatic relief of the burning pain and stinging associated with cystitis in adult women.
Cystitis is an inflammation of the bladder, which causes painful irritation, stinging and an unpleasant burning sensation when passing urine.
References: 1. IMS, CDTI Audit Diagnosis, January-December 2010. 2. Cystoplus® product label. 3. Spooner JB. Alkalinisation in the management of cystitis. J Int Med Res 1984;12:30-4.